Sunday, May 14, 2006

DIVERSIONS: Green Valley Book Fair


If you are a bibliophile, the high price of gas pales in comparison to the high price of books. I enjoy books but have found their prices in the last several years have gone beyond what I can afford. My personal library is filled with books I have purchased used off the internet or new at the Green Valley Book Fair.

I discovered the Green Valley Book Fair approximately twenty-five years ago. At that time, it took place in a barn. It has since expanded to air-conditioned warehouses. It is located just off I-81 between Staunton and Harrisonburg in Virginia.

They have available a rather eclectic collection of thousands of books discounted at affordable prices While you won’t find recently published books, you may find some titles published within the past year. You will find many classics in fiction, children’s books, cookbooks, history, religion, sports and more.

Book fairs are scheduled six times a year. Currently there is a Book Fair scheduled from May 13 through the 29th and a new one scheduled from July 1 through the 16th. Visit their website and signup for an email notice.

Granted, it is not exactly the Hay Book Festival, but it’s what we’ve got. I recommend it. Check it out.

No comments: